Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Podolski: Völller Tells Me To Pick Roma

beso
    beso
    Member 0 %
    Member 0 %

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Podolski: Völller Tells Me To Pick Roma Empty Podolski: Völller Tells Me To Pick Roma

Post by beso Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:46 am

The Bayern striker has revealed that former German international star Rudi Voller has urged him to move to Italy and join Roma.

Lukas Podolski has become one of the most sought-after strikers in the transfer market after Bayern Munich decided to put him up for sale.

A number of top European sides are said to be eager to reel him in but former Roma legend Rudi Völller has advised him to pull on the Giallorossi colours.

“He has enthusiastically described his adventure in Rome and told me about how wonderful the fans are,” the German international said in an interview with newspaper Il Tempo.

“I think there are many similarities between Köln and Roma, and I know that I would find a very passionate environment.”

The Polish-born hitman grew up near Köln and played for the Bundesliga side until 2006, when he was snapped up by Bayern.

“I have not been contacted by the Giallorossi directors so far, but I cannot deny that a move to Italy would definitely appeal to me,” the 23-year-old continued. “Luca Toni has told me that I would like it in Italy and could improve as a player. Furthermore, I cannot underestimate that Roma play in the Champions League and have great players such as Francesco Totti and Daniele De Rossi.”

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:50 pm