Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Klinsmann Accuses Podolski Of Lacking Bottle

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Klinsmann Accuses Podolski Of Lacking Bottle Empty Klinsmann Accuses Podolski Of Lacking Bottle

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Jürgen Klinsmann has taken a jab at Lukas Podolski while pushing him closer to the exits at the Allianz Arena...

Jürgen Klinsmann has delivered a damning indictment on Lukas Podolski pertaining to what he perceives to be a lack of fighting spirit within the youngster.

The 23-year-old Germany international has cut a frustrated figure on the fringes of the FCB side this season, as ex Germany boss Klinsmann persists with a strike partnership of Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni.

Podolski has admitted that he wants to leave the club in the near future in order to play regular football, with Manchester City, Roma and especially 1. FC Köln amongst the clubs that are reportedly eager to take advantage of the situation.

"It hurts to see a special talent who just stops and does not progress because he cannot deal with the situation of having two players in front of him," Klinsmann said in a recent interview with Bayern's official website.

"I would have hoped he had some anger, which he would express in his game and he would say to himself: 'I will show them what I have got'.

"Bayern is a club where it is either or. Either a player faces the challenge and says 'I will fight my way into the team'... or it is better to change your environment."

On that note, 1. FC Köln's chances of bringing 'Prinz Poldi' back to the RheinEnergie Stadium are looking very good indeed

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:00 pm