Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Klinsmann Will Not Be The Next Bayern GM

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Klinsmann Will Not Be The Next Bayern GM Empty Klinsmann Will Not Be The Next Bayern GM

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness has rubbished reports that Jürgen Klinsmann will be taking over his job next year on top of his coaching duties.

By this time next year Hoeness will have replaced Franz Beckenbauer as chairman of the Munich supervisory board, but he insists that it is still wide open as to who will succeed him as GM, other than that it won't be Klinsmann.

"The workload for one person to be general manager and head coach at the same time at one club is too massive. This will definitely not be an option for Bayern and Jürgen Klinsmann," Hoeness told the Frankfurter Allgemeinen Sonntagszeitung.

"I have an idea on who my successor should be. I will not make any comment on names, but the one that will succeed me has the clear advantage that I will not be hoping that he crashes in the job just to keep my reputation of the last 30 years alive.

"I do not want a new Uli Hoeness as successor. My successor needs to have quality to do the job. Mediocrity and missing ambition is not what I will tolerate and if my successor is like that, he will end up having troubles with me. Basically I will be around with help and advice," he concluded.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:43 pm