Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carlos Tevez Admits He Could Leave Manchester United

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Carlos Tevez Admits He Could Leave Manchester United Empty Carlos Tevez Admits He Could Leave Manchester United

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:36 pm

The Argentine forward has told a radio interviewer that he was made no contract offer by the Red Devils...

Carlos Tevez has reacted angrily to claims from Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson that he recently turned down a contract offer from the club.

The Argentine is effectively out of contract at the end of this season, but it has been rumoured that his wage demands have put paid to the idea of an easy renovation.

This speculation came to a head following Ferguson's recent declarations to Sky Sports.

"I have no idea about Tevez," said the boss.

"The contract is due to be the end of the season anyway but obviously we tried to bring it forward and we will keep trying to do that.

"But it is difficult with agents sometimes. All the managers signing players this January will experience that."

Tevez's Reaction

However, Tevez rejects the idea that he's been given anything approaching an offer to remain at the Red Devils, and as such he admits that his future could lie elsewhere, even though leaving the United fans would be a wrench.

"My future? I don't know. Manchester (United) know what they have to pay if they want me to stay," he told Radio Del Plata.

"It bothers me that they are messing about with the fans, who give me their affection in each game.

"It must be made clear that I haven't received an offer. And if I leave the club I want to do so feeling good."

On a move away, he added, "Now all clubs are on an equal footing. If a club comes to me and offers me a five-year deal, I will accept it for peace of mind.

"But I'd like to stay for as long as I'm not involved in such rumour-mongering.

"I will sign my last contract, and then I figure that I'll go back to Boca (Juniors.) That could be in four or five years."

Other clubs will have followed this statement with interest - not least Real Madrid, who are said to be among the front-runners for Tevez's signature.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:24 pm