Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tevez's 'Owner' Joorabchian Fans Manchester United Flames

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Tevez's 'Owner' Joorabchian Fans Manchester United Flames Empty Tevez's 'Owner' Joorabchian Fans Manchester United Flames

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:45 pm

The Tevez contract saga continues to roll on, with the player's agent now becoming involved.

The transfer window is open and, like a full moon, it makes everyone a little crazy. Putting this theory into practice at present are Carlos Tevez and Manchester United gaffer Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Red Devils still need to tie down the Argentine striker - currently 'on loan' from his parent company Media Sports Investments - to a permanent deal.

Over the last week, though, a game of Chinese whispers has developed, with Tevez apparently holding out for a £120,000-a-week deal and threatening to leave for Real Madrid if he doesn't get it.

In response, Fergie has been more coy than usual when speaking about the striker's future, adding to the growing uncertainty.

Now, MSI man Kia Joorabchian, who acts as Tevez's agent, has felt the need to step in and clarify the situation.

Setanta quote him as telling Ole: "There's no issue - Tevez just wanted to clarify that he hadn’t received an offer. Everything's fine.

"He gets on very well with Ferguson. Everything started with a lie written by an English journalist who wrote that Ferguson had said they made an offer.

"The truth is that there are no problems and he's going to carry on playing for Manchester United until the end of the season.

"A permanent deal? It’s hard to know, but from my experience I’d say that anything can happen.

"Plenty of clubs want him, but I can’t name them."

Joorabchian's words will do little more than fan the flames, one would imagine.

In addition to Madrid, some other elite clubs, such as Inter and Arsenal, are said to be watching the Tevez fiasco closely.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:16 am