Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beckham Satisfied With Milan Debut

RefreSh
    RefreSh
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Beckham Satisfied With Milan Debut Empty Beckham Satisfied With Milan Debut

Post by RefreSh Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:01 pm

David Beckham made his unofficial debut in Milan's shirt in a friendly against Hamburger SV today.

David Beckham made his first appearance in Milan's shirt in a friendly against Hamburger SV earlier tonight. The Englishman showed he is in a good condition, and admitted he hopes to play a part in the Rossoneri's first official match of 2009 away to Roma next weekend.

"I am very happy about my first match with Milan's shirt," he said. "I am satisfied with my performance. Now I'm a bit tired, but it's normal after all this hard work we did over the past days. I was comfortable in the middle of the pitch. My team mates are extraordinary players, playing with them is very easy.

"The match against Roma? I'm available to play my first league match with Milan's shirt, it will be a great emotion for me, whether I play or not. I am happy to be in this team and these days of intense work have been very useful for me."

Coach Carlo Ancelotti also made a few comments about Beckham and the team's condition after the match.

"Beckham played an excellent game, he did what he was asked to do," he said. "Certainly it's a bit much to ask for great football when you've only been training for eight days. I am very satisfied with the work done these days.

"I am particularly happy for those players who had to find their best condition, such as [Philippe] Senderos, [Mathieu] Flamini, and [Andrea] Pirlo."

The Rossoneri will hope to cut the nine-point gap that separates them from Serie A leaders and city rivals Inter in the new year. The first matchday of 2009 sees the Nerazzurri welcome Cagliari while Milan face the tricky away match against Roma.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:58 pm