Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICIAL: Tziolis Set To Sign For Bremen

beso
    beso
    Member 0 %
    Member 0 %

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

OFFICIAL: Tziolis Set To Sign For Bremen Empty OFFICIAL: Tziolis Set To Sign For Bremen

Post by beso Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:56 am

OFFICIAL: Tziolis Set To Sign For Bremen
    Official confirmation that the Panathinaikos midfielder is set to sign for Werder Bremen...

Bundesliga club Werder Bremen have officially confirmed that Greece international Alexandros Tziolis will sign on a six month loan deal.

An official statement on Bremen’s website also confirmed that the Panathinaikos player had arrived in Germany on Wednesday evening and will sign with the club on Thursday.

Quoted by the club’s website, Werder Bremen managing director Klaus Allofs stated the midfielder’s move was now a “formality”.

“We have agreed the details of the contract with Panathinaikos and the player,” Allofs said.

“So we assume that the remaining steps are only a formality.”

Speaking to Werder.TV, the Tziolis again expressed his delight at securing a move to Germany’s premier football competition.

“This transfer happened very quickly,” Tziolis said. “I am glad that I can now approach this task.

“Werder are a great club and have a great team.

“The Bundesliga is very strong – there are many good players and many good teams.

“Here, I can develop further as a player.

“This change is a dream come true for me.”

The Greece international – who played at Euro 2008 and is a regular in Otto Rehhagel’s squads – will be able to make his stay in Germany a permanent one in the summer if he impresses his temporary employers.

Tziolis, 23, began his career with local club Apollon Litochoro before moving to top-flight side Panionios in 2002.

He secured a move to Greek giants Panathinaikos three years later and has impressed for his side during their UEFA Champions League campaign this season, with a man-of-the-match performance away against Bremen.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 pm