Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juande Ramos: Winning Is The Best Way For Real Madrid To Grow

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Juande Ramos: Winning Is The Best Way For Real Madrid To Grow Empty Juande Ramos: Winning Is The Best Way For Real Madrid To Grow

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Los Merengues coach, Juande Ramos believes that getting good results is the best way for the team to move forward, regardless of how they are attained.

Real Madrid eeked out another slender, hard-fought 1-0 win last night when they downed Villarreal at the Santiago Bernabéu.

Despite an impressive first half display, Los Blancos failed to carry that momentum into the second period and their narrow lead made for a tense finish as the visitors laid siege to their goal in search for an equaliser.

After the game, coach, Juande Ramos, lamented his side’s inability to find a second goal to kill off the contest, but he acknowledge the need to win consistently to continue improving.

“Villarreal made it very difficult for us. We had four or five clear chances and we could have scored another goal to avoid the distress, but my players became tired towards the end because a lot of them had not played for a long time [due to injuries],” he said during the post-match banter.

“But in the bigger scheme of things, the team is obtaining good results and that’s the best way to grow and I believe this is what we’re doing.

“We are making some changes to certain aspects that we think need improving. Now that we have only one game every week, we can work with calm,” he added.

Juande then went on asses his two debutants, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Lassana Diarrà: “Lass did excellent work for us and he was exhausted by the end.

“Huntelaar had decent first half but he was also tired, which was why he was less active in the second period and he missed a great chance to score.”

But the coach declined to drop any hints as to who, between the pair, would be selected for Madrid’s Champions League squad for the knockout phase.

“I do not have to debate who is better because they are two different footballers who play in two very different positions.

“I will make my decision based on the needs of the team and the work that we have to do for the Champions League,” he concluded.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:42 pm