Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zarate Proud Of Real Madrid Interest

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Zarate Proud Of Real Madrid Interest Empty Zarate Proud Of Real Madrid Interest

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Lazio forward, Mauro Zarate, has said today that he is proud of the interest from Real Madrid, but that he is happy in Rome...

With Klaas-Jan Huntelaar now in the bag, it seems unlikely that Real Madrid will be splashing out on another forward this winter, but, nevertheless, Mauro Zarate still chose to remind the world of previous interest today.

The Argentine striker joined Lazio last summer and since then has been a hit, scoring eight goals in seventeen games with the Rome side.

Naturally, his goalscoring prowess attracted the likes of Real Madrid, who seemed as though they were close to signing him a few weeks ago.

However, he declared that he was happy in Italy with Lazio, and today he reiterated that claim to AS, but also admitted he did get some satisfaction from the rumours.

"The fact that Real Madrid noticed me makes me proud," he mused.

"That means that I am doing things well, but, for the time being, I am happy in Rome."

When it seemed as though a deal was set to be struck between the player and Real Madrid, Zarate was even rumoured to be in the Spanish capital talking to the club.

Now that has all fallen through though, he seems more than happy at Lazio, who currently sit seventh in Serie A with the league resuming this weekend.

When they return, the Rome side must take on Reggina, before they meet Juventus in a mouth-watering clash.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:37 pm