Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ‘Real’ Real Madrid Are Back - Arjen Robben

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

The ‘Real’ Real Madrid Are Back - Arjen Robben Empty The ‘Real’ Real Madrid Are Back - Arjen Robben

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Los Blancos’ hero of the week, Arjen Robben is confident that the team are slowly returning to the side of old…

Real Madrid may still be well off the championship pace and still struggling to hammer out a convincing win in the league, but winger Arjen Robben believes that the team are on their way back to their best.

After a torrid last few months of 2008 under former coach, Bernd Schuster, Los Blancos have now strung together successive 1-0 victories over direct title rivals, Valencia and Villarreal. They may not be the demolition job-style scorelines that arch nemesis, Barcelona have been producing, but what is crucial for Robben is that team have started keeping clean sheets.

“It does not matter if you win 1-0 or 3-0, it’s still three points. They do not give you more points for scoring more goals,” he told AS.

“However, it is true that winning by a bigger margin will always lift the team’s confidence, because that means that you don’t have to suffer as much in the last 20 minutes of a game.

“But it was important that [against Villarreal] we did not concede any goals again. The defence did an excellent job and they kept a cool head,” he added.

The 24-year-old is convinced that the team are slowly regaining their old form.

“I believe that we have returned to being the team from before. It is a new beginning for us.

“We have reclaimed players from injuries and that brings more competition to each position. We have 25 players with a lot of quality in the group, but only 11 can play, and that means the freshness is maintained, which will benefit the team.

“As for myself, I feel happy now. My teammates and the fans have cheered me up. I feel good and everything is going my way and it makes me calm now that I’ve been playing well. Finally, I can demonstrate my style of football,” he concluded.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:40 am