Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronaldo Has Shown He Wants To Join Real Madrid - Pepe

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Ronaldo Has Shown He Wants To Join Real Madrid - Pepe Empty Ronaldo Has Shown He Wants To Join Real Madrid - Pepe

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Real Madrid defender Pepe, has revealed today he believes Cristiano Ronaldo has shown his desire to join the Spanish club...

Cristiano Ronaldo might not have joined Real Madrid last summer, and might not even make the move next summer, but the signs are still there that he will eventually give in to the the lure of the Spanish side

Indeed, speaking to Marca today, his international team-mate, and Real Madrid defender, Pepe, said that the Manchester United star has shown that he does want to join the defending La Liga champions in the past.

"So much was spoken about the move that I believe it was as bad for Cristiano as it was for Real Madrid, but, being in Madrid, we know that will always happen," he admitted. "He showed that he wants to come though. I have had many conversations with him and, what is important, is that when he spoke, he showed his desire to come here."

Indeed, it seemed as though Ronaldo was set to move to Madrid last summer, with the saga raging on for weeks and weeks, but in the end he decided to stay in Manchester.

In a final twist in the tail, Madrid's infatuation with the Portuguese winger cost them the chance to make more signings, but they have assured that has not happened in this transfer window.

The Spanish side have already bought in Lassana Diarra and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and, whilst it is impossible for both of them to play in the Champions League, Pepe was not about to decide who he would pick today.

"I believe in both of them, as they are both part of the team," he declared. "We will see what happens as they are both important in their positions. Diarra helps in defence and Huntelaar scores goals that help us to win. They are both good and have quality and that is why they are here," he concluded.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:49 am