Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robben Feels At Home On Real Madrid Right

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Robben Feels At Home On Real Madrid Right Empty Robben Feels At Home On Real Madrid Right

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Arjen Robben has said today that he feels at home on the right-wing for Real Madrid, but that he will play wherever he is needed...

Real Madrid overcame Villarreal at the weekend to move third in the table, and it was largely thanks to Arjen Robben that they obtained victory.

The Dutchman scored the only goal of the match after a sublime run through the yellow defence, and was a threat to the visiting side all evening long, mainly down the right-wing.

Speaking to Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf, today, he said that he feels at home in that position, and explained why it is beneficial to him.

"I feel very good on the right," he began.

"I think that with a good left foot it can be very good to change wings, although there are people who would disagree with that. Either way though, playing on the right for the last few games, I have felt at home."

Robben's performance against Villarreal showed just what Madrid have missed when he has been injured and no doubt he, and the side, will be hoping he can stay fit until the end of the season.

He is more than happy to play anywhere he is needed too, but he seemed determined to talk up the benefits of playing on the right today.

"On the right it can be a good form of surprise, because you can go inside or outside, towards the goal or down the wing. The goal against Villarreal is a good example of that. The defence expects you to go left, and you go right," he mused.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:26 am