Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beckham Makes A Lot Of People Jealous - Totti

RefreSh
    RefreSh
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Beckham Makes A Lot Of People Jealous - Totti Empty Beckham Makes A Lot Of People Jealous - Totti

Post by RefreSh Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Roma captain Francesco Totti gave an interview in which he talked about last season's Scudetto race with Inter, the arrival of David Beckham at Milan, the national team, and the possibility of seeing Carlo Ancelotti becoming coach of Roma.

At the moment he is recovering from an umpteenth injury, but that doesn't stop Roma captain Francesco Totti from giving interviews. Today he talked to Italian news program TG1 and as usual he did not keep things diplomatic, making a number of controversial comments.

On last year's Scudetto race, which was won by Inter on the final matchday after a head-to-head battle with Roma, he said: "We deserved to win, but because of a few 'small episodes' it went to Inter, because they had to honour their centenary."

This season the Giallorossi have made a poor start, which means they will probably be able to fight only for a Champions League spot.

On the upcoming match against Milan Totti said: "They are a very strong team. Let's hope that [Milan coach Carlo] Ancelotti decides to play all his big-name players together. It could be an advantage for us as they would be unbalanced."

He also talked about the arrival of David Beckham at Milan: "I'm very curious about David's arrival in Italy. He is an icon. I'm glad he has chosen to play in our league, if even for a short while. I like Beckham a lot, and I like his wife. They are two very attractive people that probably make a lot of people jealous."

Ancelotti has made no secret of the fact he would love to coach Roma one day, after spending part of his playing career there. 'Er Pupone' also hopes this will happen some day, but not just yet.

"Everyone knows he loves our colors, and he always will," he commented. "I think that one day he will be able to realise his dream of coaching Roma, but our present is [Luciano] Spalletti and we want to hold on to him.

"My contract [which expires in 2010]? My relationship with the club has always been good, perhaps too much. I don't think there will be any obstacles for the contract. Sure, the sooner it's done, the better."

Finally, on the national team, to which he might make a return following his retirement after the 2006 World Cup, he said: "When someone like [coach Marcello] Lippi has a high opinion of you and is waiting for your return, all you want to do is pay back his trust."

Whether that actually means Totti intends to return to the Azzurri, remains entirely uncertain of course.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:59 pm