Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancelotti Won’t Start Beckham

RefreSh
    RefreSh
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Ancelotti Won’t Start Beckham Empty Ancelotti Won’t Start Beckham

Post by RefreSh Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Ancelotti Won’t Start Beckham 331gnev

At the pre-match conference before tomorrow night’s big game, Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti spoke about David Beckham and Roma.

Roma host Milan in Sunday evening's top Serie A game at the Stadio Olimpico. England midfielder David Beckham is included in Ancelotti's squad for the trip to the Italian capital.

Milan go into their first official game of the year nine points behind league leaders Inter Milan. Roma will have to do without injured captain Francesco Totti against the Rossoneri, but they will be hoping that the home crowd is enough to get the three points against the visitors.

Kaka will be back for Milan and Cristian Abbiati is also likely to feature in the capital following a slight injury. This will be a tough game that could determine the fate of both in terms of Scudetto aspirations for Milan and Champions League qualification for Roma.

At the press conference Ancelotti said, “Beckham is ready, but it is difficult to see him from the start. He comes into this game from two months of inactivity, but we are very happy with all that he has done at the camp in Dubai. The more I get to know him and his family, the more the gossip stories irritate me, because he is a great professional and a serious player.”

Ancelotti continued, “We are anxious to get started again. I want to know how much these days in Dubai have helped us. I think we are doing quite well, not fantastic, but we are in good condition to play this game. I am expecting a great deal from Milan in this second part of the season, not just against Roma. I want continuity.”

Ancelotti then added a few interesting words concerning Roma coach Luciano Spalletti and the fact that he has been linked with the tactician’s job due to the time he spent at the Giallorossi as a player.

“I like to be ironic, sometimes it is important to say something funny. I wished Spalletti sincere wishes for the Champions League, while the joke about him leaving the Roma bench to me was just humour.

"I consider Spalletti to be a friend and I hope he thinks the same way. I think that considering my history with the club, Roma is the only other club in Italy that I could coach,” said Ancelotti.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:00 pm