Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cristiano Ronaldo's Crash Was First Time Drive Of Ferrari - Fábio

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Cristiano Ronaldo's Crash Was First Time Drive Of Ferrari - Fábio Empty Cristiano Ronaldo's Crash Was First Time Drive Of Ferrari - Fábio

Post by FooSe Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:51 am

According to Manchester United defender, Fábio, Cristiano Ronaldo crashed his Ferrari on the first occasion he had taken it out of his garage....

Just days after Cristiano Ronaldo crashed his Ferrari, it has been revealed that the incident happened on the first time it had been taken out of the garage!

Speaking to Globoesporte.com, his Manchester United team-mate, Fábio, revealed how the Portuguese star had spoken about how he was going to take it for a spin, and then crashed it.

"Cristiano had mentioned to people that he was going to take the car out of the garage, as he had bought it a few days ago, but had not driven it," he declared.

"That is when the accident happened. Everything is alright, but we were scared."

Luckily the winger escaped from the crash unhurt and actually returned to training on the same day. However, the incident not only scared Fabio, but also his mother, who spoke about how she heard about it from a friend in Brazil.

"Only at night did I see what had happened, I was thinking about Cristiano. We spoke, and he said that everything was alright. I was still scared though," she said.

Manchester Dreams

Fábio also spoke about his time at Manchester United and, along with twin Rafael, seems relatively pleased to be with the European and World Champions.

"It is difficult to put it into words, sometimes I even think, 'wow, I am playing for Manchester United.' It is incredible," mused Rafael.

"It is clear that when I started, I did not think I would be at Manchester United when I was just 18. That never comes into your head. You dream about it, but maybe it happens later, then suddenly, we are here," declared Fábio.

The left-back also revealed how they actually spoke to Ronaldo before they joined, and were in disbelief when they heard him on the phone.

"We were negotiating with Manchester, doing some tests, but nothing was certain. There I was in Rio de Janiero, and the phone rang. I picked it up and the person said, 'it is Cristiano Ronaldo.' I thought it was a joke, but it was him. He told us how he liked it and that he thought we should come to play there," he said.

Punch Praise

The pair were also asked about those around them at the club, and had praise for everyone, from their team-mates, all the way to boss, Sir Alex Ferguson, who they revealed can be jovial.

"When people arrive they say about having the greatest respect for Sir Alex Ferguson, but now, he is like a friend. He jokes with us and gives me punches in the shoulder from time to time," said Fábio.

"Ferdinand is a good person, I like him a lot. Everybody is nice. [Ryan] Giggs is an idol, [Paul] Scholes, is more to himself, but is still great, and I have a lot of respect for everybody here. People look at the players with a lot of respect, therefore they are historical for the club."

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:29 am