Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benitez: Liverpool Taking Their Time To Offer Me A New Deal

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Benitez: Liverpool Taking Their Time To Offer Me A New Deal Empty Benitez: Liverpool Taking Their Time To Offer Me A New Deal

Post by FooSe Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:26 am

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has proven that his mind games don't just extend to Sir Alex Ferguson and the English FA...

Rafa Benitez has insinuated that the powers that be at Liverpool are dragging their heels on offering him a new deal.

The Spaniard is widely credited for bringing Liverpool out of the doldrums yet according to him there has been no major development in contract talks which first started in earnest back in November.

"My agent has not yet received any documents, and he is a little disappointed," Benitez was quoted as saying on Sky Sports News.

"But okay, we will see what happens. But I do not want to say too much at the moment."

The former Valencia boss' contract at Anfield is set to expire in 2010 and there certainly would be no shortage of takers should he suddenly become available on the managerial market.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:25 pm