Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafael and Fabio Da Silva Reveal Portugal Interest

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Rafael and Fabio Da Silva Reveal Portugal Interest Empty Rafael and Fabio Da Silva Reveal Portugal Interest

Post by FooSe Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:02 am

Twins Fabio and Rafael reveal they have been approached by Portugal boss Carlos Queiroz to play for the Portuguese national team...

Former Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz, now head coach at Portugal, has reportedly offered United's Brazilian twin starlets the chance to play for Portugal rather than their native Brazil.

Queiroz has first hand experience of the pair, being the main instigator of their move to Old Trafford from Brazilian league side Fluminense, and the 55-year-old has been involved in the twins' development ever since.

However, now that Queiroz has departed United in pursuit of the Portugal national job, he has apparently asked the twins whether they would like to play for the Portuguese national team.

The pair are eligible to play for Portugal as they both hold dual Portuguese passports, but both are unsure of what decision they will take.

The pair have played for Brazil at both Under-15 and Under-17 level, and appear to have high hopes of progressing to the senior team.

Speaking to GloboEsporte.com, Rafael said, "I still dream of the national team. I am young and still have a lot to prove."

His brother Fabio added, "Queiroz has already worked with us. He likes both me and Rafael and calls us any time. He really wants us to play for Portugal, but I don't know. 

"Every (Brazilian) guy wants to play in the yellow shirt and play in a World Cup. I'd rather wait a little bit."

Rafael has impressed everyone at Old Trafford with the ease he has settled into the first team, making a total of 15 appearances for the side, scoring once, a superb half volley during the 2-1 defeat to Arsenal at The Emirates Stadium.

His brother Fabio however has struggled to secure a place in the side, having his time at the club hampered by a shoulder injury.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:43 am