Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Now I'll Hit Top Form For Manchester United

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Cristiano Ronaldo: Now I'll Hit Top Form For Manchester United Empty Cristiano Ronaldo: Now I'll Hit Top Form For Manchester United

Post by FooSe Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:07 am

Ronaldo has vowed to replicate the form he produced last season...

Manchester United made their first big statement of intent as far as the Premier League title is concerned, shrugging off the anti-Red Devil ranting of Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez to beat Chelsea 3-0 - an indirect response to the criticisms.

United's almost inevitable post-Christmas form surge is now expected, while Inter tactician Jose Mourinho will have a lot to ponder ahead of the Champions League knock-out stages also.

Winger Cristiano Ronaldo is still being rewarded for his superb 2007/08 season, even as the new one rages on without him being able to dominate in the same manner.

However, perhaps buoyed by the confidence of his team, the Portuguese powerhouse has predicted his own return to top gear.

He said: "Tell me one player who had a great season for two, three, four years [in a row] at the top level? It's impossible - you don't have anyone.

"Last season I think I did brilliantly, but this season, in my opinion, I'm not bad. I've come in from injury and scored ten goals up to now, although people are waiting for me to get better and better all the time.

"It is not easy, but I feel in good form and I think Cristiano is becoming better and better."

Regarding his free-scoring run last season, he pledged: "I know I can do as well again... if not this season, then next season."

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:30 pm