Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veron Urges Carlos Tevez To Stay At Manchester United

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Veron Urges Carlos Tevez To Stay At Manchester United Empty Veron Urges Carlos Tevez To Stay At Manchester United

Post by FooSe Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:49 am

Juan Veron believes Carlos Tevez should stay at Manchester United. 

Juan Sebastian Veron has admitted he hopes his compatriot Carlos Tevez remains a Manchester United player, claiming it is important for Argentinean football.

Tevez’s future at Old Trafford remains in some doubt with United yet to conclude a permanent deal with the striker and Real Madrid, amongst others, reported to be waiting in the wings.

However, Veron, who spent two years at Manchester United before moving to Chelsea, has urged Tevez to remain a Red Devil. 

“I hope Carlos stays at Manchester United because it is important for Argentine football,” Veron told the Daily Mail, “He'll know what he has to do to resolve the situation. I hope it is all worked out for the best.”

Veron signed for United in 2001 from Lazio for £28 million but failed to live up to his massive transfer fee before moving onto a similarly disappointing spell at Chelsea.

Now back in Argentina playing for Estudiantes de La Plata, Veron admitted he was thankful to United boss Sir Alex Ferguson for bringing him to Old Trafford and confessed he failed to reproduce his best form in the Premier League. 

"I have to thank Sir Alex Ferguson because he gave me the opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world,” explained the Argentine. “I can only complain about myself because I feel I could have given more.”

The midfielder moved from United to Chelsea where he also struggled, although he put this down to the injuries he suffered at Stamford Bridge. The 33-year-old said: “I was troubled by a back injury which meant I could not play as much as I would have liked.”

Having played for both United and Chelsea, Veron will undoubtedly be an avid viewer tomorrow as the two sides go head-to-head at Old Trafford.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:51 am