Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mourinho To Ask For Maradona's Autograph

RefreSh
    RefreSh
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Mourinho To Ask For Maradona's Autograph Empty Mourinho To Ask For Maradona's Autograph

Post by RefreSh Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Mourinho To Ask For Maradona's Autograph Fyjyg5

Inter coach Jose Mourinho admits he intends to ask for Diego Maradona's autograph when the Argentina coach visits San Siro on Tuesday night for the Coppa Italia match against Genoa.

Diego Maradona announced that he will be present in the stands at San Siro to watch Inter's Coppa Italia match against Genoa on Tuesday night, perhaps to follow some of the Argentinean players who will take part in the match.

When coach Jose Mourinho was told about this during today's press conference, he had no problems admitting he will ask for the legendary Argentina coach's autograph.

"I want an autograph for my son," he said. "I'm not joking. If he wants to, I'll bring him in to join the press conference."

Of course, the prospect of a press conference with both Maradona and Mourinho is a mouth-watering one, but the coach wanted to emphasise that the Pibe de Oro's presence will not influence his decisions for the match.

"Like it or not, Maradona is football history, but his presence will not influence my choices," he said. "It's nice that he's coming to San Siro, but I don't think he needs one match to decide whether the likes of [Nicolas] Burdisso, [Javier] Zanetti, [Esteban] Cambiasso, [Julio] Cruz, and [Hernan] Crespo deserve to be in the national team."

Inter kick-start 2009 with a home match against Cagliari tomorrow night, hoping to maintain their six-point lead on top of the Serie A table.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:17 pm