Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mourinho Compares The Market To A Saloon Door

RefreSh
    RefreSh
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Mourinho Compares The Market To A Saloon Door Empty Mourinho Compares The Market To A Saloon Door

Post by RefreSh Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Mourinho Compares The Market To A Saloon Door Fyjyg5

At today's press conference Mourinho spoke about Adriano, the transfer market and tomorrow's encounter with Cagliari.

Inter Milan are at the San Siro this weekend, as they welcome a team that have turned their season around since the early stages.

Eight consecutive wins have propelled Inter to a position of strength in Serie A, and the reigning champions will attempt to reinforce their grip on the title when they play host to Cagliari tomorrow night.

After a tough start to his time at the Nerazzurri, coach Jose Mourinho has impressed and the determination that has seen Inter through a series of tough fixtures on the road can be attributed to him. The Beneamata currently lead Serie A, six points clear of Juventus.

Mourinho has once again left Adriano and Mario Balotelli out of the matchday squad, but insists that the pair, along with Nicolas Burdisso, will be considered for action on Tuesday.

At this afternoon's pre-match press conference the Portuguese tactician said: “The squad selection is a message for everybody. At this moment I cannot only think about the game against Cagliari. I am forced to consider Genoa and Atalanta as well.

"Adriano and Burdisso are not chosen for tomorrow, but they already know that they are playing on Tuesday.”

As far as the situation with Balotelli goes, Mourinho explained: “With 13 games and 712 minutes played, Mario is the second striker with the most minutes on the pitch after Ibrahimovic.”

At this time of the season it is natural to talk about the transfer market, and so Mourinho added: “Our group is strong and I would like to finish the season with these players because it is just for everyone to realise the original project at the end. I will never tell anybody to leave. I am satisfied, but the transfer market is like a saloon door in a Western, it opens and closes both ways.”

Finally the Portuguese coach moved onto tomorrow's match saying: “The team [Cagliari] plays well because of the good attitude and approach of their coach. It will be a tough game.”

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:25 am