Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cerezo: I Would Like Agüero To Play In Every Game

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Cerezo: I Would Like Agüero To Play In Every Game Empty Cerezo: I Would Like Agüero To Play In Every Game

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:13 am

If the president of Atlético de Madrid had his way then the club's star striker Sergio Agüero would play in every game, but understands that he will be on the bench against Barça in the Copa del Rey on Tuesday.

Enrique Cerezo has admitted that he would prefer Sergio Agüero to play against Barcelona in the Copa del Rey, but admitted that coach Javier Aguirre will have his reasons.

The Atlético de Madrid president stated that he would like the Argentinian to play in every match although he recognised that with the busy calendar that would not be possible.

Agüero is set to start on the bench against Barça in the first leg of the Copa del Rey in the Vicente Calderón on Tuesday evening as Aguirre looks to keep him fresh.

"The coach has decided and there is not much I can do. He has his reasons for not playing certain players and will explain them no doubt. although I have not asked him about it and he has said nothing to me," Cerezo said.

"It is certain that without him playing a certain amount of the spectacle will not be there, but that is that.

"Atleti has a huge amount of games. As a fan I would love it if he could always play because he is an extraordinary player."

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:39 am