Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamburg Stars Satisfied Despite Milan Loss

beso
    beso
    Member 0 %
    Member 0 %

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Hamburg Stars Satisfied Despite Milan Loss Empty Hamburg Stars Satisfied Despite Milan Loss

Post by beso Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:02 am

Hamburger SV's stars showed themselves to be satisfied with their performance during their first winter break friendly against AC Milan, which they only lost via penalties...

Milan were warming up for the resumption of the Serie A calendar this weekend, and fielded a strong line-up, with Pirlo, Ronaldinho, Pato and debutant David Beckham. HSV also fielded many of their first-teamers, with Alex Silva, Piotr Trochowski, and Ivica Olic all taking part in the 1-1 draw in Dubai, which ended 4-3 after a round of penalty-spot roulette.

The post-match quotes on the HSV website were mostly positive, with only Thiago Neves pointing out a proverbial hair in the soup.

Defender Marcell Jansen: "I think that we acquitted ourself well in our first game back. We knew going in that we wouldn't have to hide ourselves - not even against a team like Milan."

Coach Martin Jol (Foto): "I'm satisfied with the performance in our first test-match. We had our chances but were punished ruthlessly. One can't forget that Milan's season starts again on the weekend while we've only been back in training for a couple of days. That considered, I thought we were very good indeed."

Midfielder Thiago Neves: "There were a lot of Brazilians on the field and Alex (Silva) and me were up against many friends. It was a lot of fun, though I'm obviously not too happy about missing a penalty against my compatriot Dida."

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:22 pm