Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Haven't Found My Form At Valencia - Maduro

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

I Haven't Found My Form At Valencia - Maduro Empty I Haven't Found My Form At Valencia - Maduro

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:58 am

The Dutchman has revealed that he still believes he has a chance to shine for Los Che...

Hedwiges Maduro is one of the last remaining legacies of the Ronald Koeman era at Valencia, and has been used sparingly my new coach Unai Emery this season.

However the 23-year put in an excellent display in his sides convincing 3-1 victory over Atletico Madrid in the Primera Division last night.

Maduro is a midfielder by trade, but he has been employed in central defence in recent weeks by Emery as the injuries and suspension have mounted up.

He admitted he has been struggling for confidence, but is slowly finding his level at the club he joined from Ajax last January.

He told journalists, "Since the beginning of the season I knew it was going to be difficult, but had to work to try and help the team. Now I am getting minutes and I believe the coach trusts me. My only thought is Valencia."

He continued, "It was important to win at home versus such a difficult opponent and a direct rival. Our midfield played very well and we showed alot of confidence."

Utility Man?

But is Maduro concerned about having to play out of position? It appears not judging by his positive performance and reaction.

He explained, "There is no problem playing centre. Playing at the wings is slightly awkward for me, but I will play here to help the team."

Maduro made only his second start of the season, but if he continues to show such assurance he will be assured of more action in the future.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:33 pm