Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Words Cannot Describe Messi - Pinto

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Words Cannot Describe Messi - Pinto Empty Words Cannot Describe Messi - Pinto

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:15 pm

Barcelona goalkeeper, José Pinto, was lost for words as he tried to describe Lionel Messi today, but said the main strength of the side is their togetherness...

Lionel Messi might have merited plenty of superlatives for his performance against Atlético Madrid last night, but for José Pinto, words are not enough.

The Barcelona goalkeeper, who made some good saves to keep his side ahead, told Marca today that he cannot put the quality of Messi into words.

"As a player, I do not have words to describe him. He is a big player who has all the qualities. He is in a great moment of his career, although I would emphasise that, above everything, he never speaks about himself much, that is a good thing," he declared.

Despite his obvious respect for Messi though, Pinto refused to compare him to anyone, asking, 'who am I to compare anybody?'

Certainly the Barcelona goalkeeper has found himself out of the team for most of the season due to the form of Víctor Valdés, but he paid tribute to the group strength of Barcelona today.

"When the supposed first team play they do brilliantly, and then, when the others play, they do it to perfection too. That is what makes us so strong," he mused.

Personally, Pinto says he aims to 'improve towards his best each day,' and that he is not thinking about whether or not he is just a cup goalkeeper, as he does not want to waste time on it.

Next up for Barcelona is a clash with lowly Osasuna this weekend, and they will be confident of extending their lead at the top of La Liga even further.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:43 am