Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bergkamp Says English Players Have Better Technique, Suggests Possible Arsenal Return

egzonn
    egzonn
    Member 10 %
    Member 10 %

Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Bergkamp Says English Players Have Better Technique, Suggests Possible Arsenal Return Empty Bergkamp Says English Players Have Better Technique, Suggests Possible Arsenal Return

Post by egzonn Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:26 am

Bergkamp Says English Players Have Better Technique, Suggests Possible Arsenal Return 2292_news
    Dennis Bergkamp ended his Arsenal career a legend in July 2006 and it is testament to the respect that he commanded at the club that the first ever game staged at the club's new Emirates home was his testimonial, held on July 22.

He was also voted into a poll held by users of the club's official website's Greatest Gunners list, where he was second only to Thierry Henry.

A return to the club would therefore be welcomed by the fans, and the non-flying Dutchman, 39, has refused to rule out an Emirates return in a coaching role.

"I wouldn’t rule out [working at Arsenal in some capacity]," he explained to Arsenal TV.

"I really love this club and the country and I love working here. I would advise everyone to work in England, as a player or a coach, it just breathes football. It is fantastic for the game."

Regarding the notion that English players lack technique, Bergkamp countered this claim by stating:

"I think when I first came it was a case that [there was a lack of technical ability].

"Then a lot of foreign players came in and probably improved the game.

"Now I feel that there are foreign players who are coming in who aren’t improving the game because you’ve got English players who are technically better.
    "It has changed," he continued. "If you only look at Arsenal for example, you have 16-year-olds with fantastic technique who came through the system so you must be doing something right."

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:59 pm