Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Buyten Declares Intent To Stay At Bayern Munich

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Van Buyten Declares Intent To Stay At Bayern Munich Empty Van Buyten Declares Intent To Stay At Bayern Munich

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 pm

With Brazilian centre back Lucio throwing doubt on his future at the Allianz Arena, Bayern Munich defender Daniel van Buyten has handed the club a boost by stating his desire to remain in Munich.

Earlier this week is was reported that Lucio is weighing up a move away from Munich, saying: "My contract expires here in 2010, and the club are yet to discuss any form of extension, so I think that I could leave on a mutual agreement." 

The contract of fellow defender Daniel van Buyten is also due to expire in 2010, but the giant Belgian is not thinking of leaving the club and has expressed his desire to extend his stay. 

"I feel really good here in Munich and for me leaving is just not option," he told TZ. "I would be delighted if the club showed signs of wanting to extend my contract.  

"If the club are happy with me, then I am open to a new deal. I think that the future here looks very bright. We have our eyes on the title and also want to challenge for the Champions League." 

Van Buyten has previously moved clubs every two years with spells at Standard Liege, Marseille, Manchester City and Hamburg.  

"I’m now in my third year in Munich. Bayern are one of the top five in Europe so I don’t need to move. I can develop here." 

If Lucio does in fact leave and van Buyten does stay, the Belgian would still not be assured of a first-team berth with Breno earmarked as the long-term successor to Lucio and Martin Demichelis an automatic first-choice. 

However, van Buyten is not daunted by the challenge. "I won’t be giving up my place so easily," he vowed.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:13 pm