Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bayern’s Lucio Dreams Of Milan Or Real Madrid

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Bayern’s Lucio Dreams Of Milan Or Real Madrid Empty Bayern’s Lucio Dreams Of Milan Or Real Madrid

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:04 pm

The Brazilian defender is aware that his time in Germany is up, and he is now looking for a new challenge in his career.

Lucio joined Bayern Munich from the fellow Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen in 2004, where he spent three seasons at. Since this time, the Brazilian has gone on to become one of the best defenders in the competition, and he is the current vice-captain of the successful German outfit.

Despite this however, the 30-year-old’s time at the club is nearing an end, as the Bavarians seem unwilling to discuss the future of his contract with him.

With this in mind, the World Champion of 2002 has declared that he would like to move elsewhere, with the hope of challenging himself further in his illustrious career.

“I had five fantastic years in Munich, but now I want to find a club that’s even more significant, because I still have so much time to experience new things in my career,” Lucio declared in an interview, as reported by Tuttomercatoweb.

“My contract expires here in 2010, and the club are yet to discuss any form of extension, so I think that I could leave on a mutual agreement, he added.

“I have tried to speak with the likes of AC Milan and Real Madrid in the past, but that was a while ago, so maybe they may be interested this time around,” he optimistically concluded.

Bayern have an already made replacement for Lucio, with that being the 19-year-old Brazilian defender Breno, who joined the club in December 2007 from Sao Paulo in Brazil.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:51 am