Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heskey To Join Liverpool Next Summer - Report

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Heskey To Join Liverpool Next Summer - Report Empty Heskey To Join Liverpool Next Summer - Report

Post by FooSe Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:28 am

The England international is set to remain with the Latics for the remainder of the season...

Emile Heskey is likely to complete a switch to English giants Liverpool next summer, according to a report in the British tabloid the Daily Mail.

The England international's contract at the JJB Stadium is set to expire at the end of the season and it had been speculated that he could make a move as early as this January.

The 'imminent' arrival of Colombian international forward Hugo Rodallega further increased rumours that the Latics were willing to offload the 30-year-old during this transfer window.

However, it seems that Wigan manager Steve Bruce is keen to hold on to him for as long as possible, even if it means losing out on a transfer fee.

"It would be unfair to expect him (Hugo Rodallega) to have an instant impact," Bruce is quoted as saying. 

"But if I've still got Heskey, Zaki and Camara, which I'm convinced I will, it would be an ideal time to bring him in. We'll ease him in gently."

While it is claimed that Rafa Benitez may still make an offer in the region of £4 million for the striker this January, it is suggested that he will most likely complete a switch in the summer as Wigan look to keep hold of him.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:45 pm