Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Alex Ferguson Brands Rafael Benitez’s Comments ‘Ridiculous’

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Sir Alex Ferguson Brands Rafael Benitez’s Comments ‘Ridiculous’ Empty Sir Alex Ferguson Brands Rafael Benitez’s Comments ‘Ridiculous’

Post by FooSe Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:04 am

Sir Alex has given his response to Rafael Benitez's rant... 

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has responded to Rafael Benitez’s recent criticism of him by labelling his comments ‘ridiculous’. 

Speaking to Sky Sports after watching his side beat Chelsea 3-0 at Old Trafford, the Scot refused to talk at length about the matter but explained he felt the Liverpool coach was ‘an angry man’.

“I think you’ve got to cut through the venom a little bit and hopefully he’ll reflect and understand that what he was saying was absolutely ridiculous,” said Sir Alex.

“I think he was an angry man, I think he was disturbed for some reason or other. That’s all I’ve got to say on the matter.”

Ferguson refused to be drawn any further on the subject saying only: “I’m not going to get into that. At this moment in time, I think we should concentrate on chasing the leaders, which is Liverpool. We’ve got games in hand, of course, and we want to try and catch them up.”

The reigning champions moved to within five points of Liverpool after beating Chelsea, but crucially have two games in hand.

Nemanja Vidic opened the scoring for the Red Devils and the United boss said he felt the timing of his goal was crucial. He explained: “Normally these games are so tight, that it’s hard to pick the winner. But getting the goal right on half-time certainly made the difference.”

Ferguson’s men are now just one point behind the Blues and the Scot insisted the remaining games against the other top four sides might determine the outcome of their season. The Scot admitted: “As we said all along, we’ve got all the main teams at home, we really need to win those games. We’ve got the first one out the road, but we’ve got some tough games coming up. “

His side now face an in-form Wigan Athletic on Wednesday night before taking on Bolton on Saturday, should they win both games they will leapfrog Benitez’s men and claim the Premier League’s top spot.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:06 am