Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galliani: Milan Don't Need Mexes

RefreSh
    RefreSh
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Galliani: Milan Don't Need Mexes Empty Galliani: Milan Don't Need Mexes

Post by RefreSh Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:13 pm

The Rossoneri's general manager closed the door on the possible arrival of the French player from Roma.

Milan general manager Adriano Galliani rebuffed the transfer speculation that his club will be signing Philippe Mexes from Roma in June, taking advantage of a clause in his contract.

Galliani believes that Milan already have a great defender waiting for them in June, as Thiago Silva will then be available to play in official games for the Rossoneri.

"We would never cause a discourtesy to Roma, as I confirm my sincere friendship with [Roma president] Rosella Sensi," declared Galliani to Teleradiostereo.

"I guarantee that we will never purchase a player from Roma taking advantage of the clause in the player's contract. Mexes is a great defender, but I remind everyone that for June we will have Thiago Silva."

Milan are trying to decrease their nine-point gap from the top position which is currently occupied by Inter and on Sunday evening they will face Roma at the Olimpico stadium.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:17 am