Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flamini Ready To Perform For Milan

RefreSh
    RefreSh
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Flamini Ready To Perform For Milan Empty Flamini Ready To Perform For Milan

Post by RefreSh Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Milan's midfielder Mathieu Flamini is hopeful he can reclaim the kind of form he showed at Arsenal in the near future...

When AC Milan signed Arsenal's Mathieu Flamini on a free transfer, many thought it would be one of the bargain's of the season.

However, in his first months of Italian football, the French midfielder has been unable to repeat the type of performances he put in under Arsene Wenger at Arsenal and ahs struggled to adapt.

"In London we played a 4-4-2," he explained, according to Calciomercato. "Now it is important for me to find my place in midfield and understand the layout of the team, so I can return to the levels I played at as a Gunner."

The 24-year-old was full of praise for his midfield teammates at Milan, a side that boasts players like Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf, Gennaro Gattuso, and Kaka.

"I am still young and I have a lot of work to do to get to their level."

He also reserved praise specifically for their new English recruit, who could make his debut against Roma on Sunday: "I think it's a good thing for Milan to have a player like David Beckham in the team."

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:57 pm