Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pepe Can't Choose Between Robben And Messi

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Pepe Can't Choose Between Robben And Messi Empty Pepe Can't Choose Between Robben And Messi

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:51 pm

Real Madrid defender Pepe is unable to decide who he thinks is better; Arjen Robben or Lionel Messi, but said both can change games...

It's not often that Arjen Robben, in his injury-plagued career, has been compared to Lionel Messi, but according to Pepe, the two are on a par.

The Real Madrid defender spoke to Marca today and couldn't give an answer as to who he thinks is better, preferring instead to praise the pair.

"They are both going through a very good phase and are important for their teams," he began.

"They are the two best wingers in the league and they change games. For me it would be easy to say Robben is better, because he is my team-mate, but I prefer just to say that they are both very good."

Messi demonstrated his talent in Madrid last night, scoring a hat-trick at the Vicente Calderón against Atlético, and when questioned about defending against him, Pepe commented that the 'centre-backs need to be together, so that he doesn't have much time, because when he turns and runs, it is very difficult.'

With regards to their own Copa Del Rey participation, which ended in the last round against Real Unión, Pepe says watching the game last night did bring him down a bit.

"I wanted to be in the cup, it is a good competition, and yesterday, watching the game it made me a little sad that we could not be in it anymore," he admitted.

He did confirm though that he feels it is still possible to dream about the league, mainly because Barcelona still have to come to the Bernabéu, and also because with the new coach they will begin to 'pick up the mentality and will continue fighting and winning matches.'

Ramos Reign

Certainly with Juande Ramos in charge Real Madrid have begun to pick up results, beating both Valencia and Villarreal 1-0 in their last two league matches. Pepe seems to be fond of the former Sevilla coach too, and believes they will do well with him at the helm.

"We are doing well, the coach comes with a lot of desire, and I expect that we will have success," he said.

"He speaks with us a lot and asks for our opinions, and that is important, but more important is that now we are doing things better."

Next up for Real Madrid is a match with Real Mallorca, and Pepe says they know they will have to work hard for the victory, but believes they have the quality to get all three points.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:52 am