Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jovetic: How I Spurned Juventus And Real Madrid...

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Jovetic: How I Spurned Juventus And Real Madrid... Empty Jovetic: How I Spurned Juventus And Real Madrid...

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:50 pm

The Montenegrin starlet has revealed that he turned down the European giants to join the Viola in the summer.

Fiorentina signed Stevan Jovetic from Partizan for around €8 million in the summer, the 19-year-old prodigy putting pen to paper on a five year contract. He has yet to become a regular in coach Cesare Prandelli’s starting XI, but has already become a fans’ favourite at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

“I am madly in love with the Florentines,” the skillful trequartista told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “They always come to watch us and are really passionate. I have signed more autographs in the last six months than I did in my own country!”

Fiorentina beat off competition from the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus to secure his services and 'Jo-Jo' explained why he turned his back on two of the most prestigious clubs in world football.

“It would have been much harder for me at Real or Juve,” he admitted. “I also rejected their bids to keep my word with [sporting director Pantaleo] Corvino.

“I was keen to move here, as I had heard wonderful things about this club.”

Former Milan ace and current Montenegro Football Association President Dejan Savicevic has often stated that Jovetic will soon prove his worth and become a great star.

“My idol is Andriy Shevchenko, but Savicevic was a phenomenal player,” the youngster enthused. “He is the President of our federation and always tells me to be patient, keep on playing the way I do and not worry at all.”

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm