Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oddo Reveals World Cup 2010 Ambition

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Oddo Reveals World Cup 2010 Ambition Empty Oddo Reveals World Cup 2010 Ambition

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Oddo is keen on representing Italy next year, but he is well aware of the task at hand...

Bayern Munich defender Massimo Oddo is aware it will be tough to break into Marcello Lippi's World Cup 2010 squad, but he insists he will fight on.

The defender joined the German Champions in the summer from Milan and he has his heart set on making the World Cup in South Africa next year. Oddo has been impressive in the Bundesliga as his side aim for another league title.

Lippi is currently snooping around as he looks for players for the friendly against Brazil next month. Although, Oddo's time with La Nazionale seems up, he is still hoping to get some form of recognition from the former Juventus coach.

"To be honest I don't think I will be re-entering Lippi's plans, otherwise he would have already called me like he did with other players," Oddo told Calcio 2000 magazine.

"However, I will try my best to change his opinion by playing my best with Bayern Munich."

Playing in Germany, Oddo has had the chance to take a closer look at their national team and he believes Joachim Low's men will be hard to beat in 2010.

"As for the German team, they will always be the usual solid team which does well in major tournaments," added Oddo.

"They will be very hard to beat for any team."

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:13 pm