Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Borowski Looking To Make Bayern First Team Breakthrough

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Borowski Looking To Make Bayern First Team Breakthrough Empty Borowski Looking To Make Bayern First Team Breakthrough

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 am

Bayern Munich midfielder Tim Borowski is looking to push on in the second half of the season and make himself a first-choice in the side’s starting XI.

The 28 year old summer signing from Werder Bremen has impressed greatly during the first half of the season, although he has been used largely as a substitute.  

He has appeared in 23 of Bayern’s 25 matches this term but has only started on 7 occasions. He has, however, earned quite a reputation as a super sub having scored 5 goals after coming of the bench.  

The German international though is looking to make the switch from eternal substitute to first choice regular in the not too distant future.  

“Obviously, I’m aiming higher than that. Sooner or later, I want first-choice status. That has to be my target or I might as well pack my bags“ he said. “Unfortunately, I picked up an injury early in pre-season, but I gritted my teeth and my fitness is very good now. I’m knocking on the door.” 

Borowski also feels that a more regular role for Bayern would help his chances of getting into Joachim Löw’s plans, adding to his 33 caps and playing at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.  

“I’ll throw myself into it body and soul, and earn myself another call-up. I’m approaching the best age for a footballer” he explained. “Joachim Löw has tried out a number of players but I’ve not been part of his team since the Euros. There’s plenty of time until the World Cup, so don’t write me off just yet.”

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:55 am