Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Want Di Vaio? Give Me Ibrahimovic And Maicon!, Mihajlovic Tells Inter

RefreSh
    RefreSh
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

You Want Di Vaio? Give Me Ibrahimovic And Maicon!, Mihajlovic Tells Inter Empty You Want Di Vaio? Give Me Ibrahimovic And Maicon!, Mihajlovic Tells Inter

Post by RefreSh Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:32 am

Bologna coach Sinisa Mihajlovic talked about the rumours linking top scorer Marco Di Vaio to Inter and tomorrow's match against Chievo.

Even though Inter are comfortably on top of the table and have scored more goals than any other team in Serie A, rumour has it that they are still looking to sign a new striker in the January transfer window.

In fact, the only striker to have found the net with any regularity has been Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who's scored 10 of Inter's 31 goals so far. The team's second most prolific goalscorer in Serie A has been Julio Cruz, who's scored a measly two goals (though they were very important ones, late on in the matches against Lecce and Udinese), while Adriano has scored just one and both Hernan Crespo and Mario Balotelli still have to get off the mark.

Allegedly they were interested in signing Diego Milito from Genoa, but it appears the Grifoni are not willing to let go of their top scorer. Now they have diverted their attention to Bologna's Marco Di Vaio, who is also joint top scorer in Serie A along with Milito and Fiorentina's Alberto Gilardino, with 12 goals scored so far.

Bologna coach and former Inter assistant coach Sinisa Mihajlovic reacted to these rumours, denying there is any chance the Italian striker will move away from the Rossoblu.

"Di Vaio isn't going anywhere," he said today, "not without my permission. Inter are interested? Well, I could let him go there if they give me Ibrahimovic, Maicon and perhaps a few others in return..."

Bologna resume their league season tomorrow with a home match against rock-bottom Chievo.

"Both for us and for Chievo, this is a crucial match," the coach continued. "It's not just worth three points: it's worth six and it could influence both teams' morale. It's very important that continue where we left off last year, and start 2009 well, if we win this game we will be nine points above Chievo."

The team are still unbeaten since Mihajlovic joined, having drawn six and won one of their last seven games since the coach's debut in the match against Roma.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 am