Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deco confirms Euro quit date

The End
    The End
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Deco confirms Euro quit date Empty Deco confirms Euro quit date

Post by The End Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 am

Chelsea midfielder Deco says he will end his time in European football at the end of his current Blues contract.

The 31-year-old Portugal international has taken time to settle at Stamford Bridge since his summer arrival from Barcelona, but insists that he intends to see out the remaining three years of his deal.

The Brazil-born playmaker then hopes to return to the country of his birth having proved his class in English football.

He told RTP: "I've been thinking of returning to Brazil for a while now, but I've realised I can still achieve good things in Europe.

"I don't want to return for the sake of it. I'm under contract at the moment and I want to be happy to play my football.

"I still have three years left on my contract with Chelsea. If I remain there until the end, it will be my last contract in Europe."

Deco made his name in Europe with Portuguese side FC Porto, helping them win the Champions League in 2004, before repeating that success at Barca two years later.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:29 pm