Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scolari rues defensive errors

The End
    The End
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Scolari rues defensive errors Empty Scolari rues defensive errors

Post by The End Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Chelsea head coach Luiz Felipe Scolari admitted that his side had lost valuable ground in the Premier League title race in being held to a 2-2 draw at in-form Fulham.

The Blues looked like taking all three points after a Frank Lampard double gave then the lead going into the closing stages, before Clint Dempsey struck a minute from time to ensure a draw.

Scolari admitted: "We lost two points today. We made two mistakes with our marking and conceded two goals.

"I think they had one more chance, we had ten chances and scored two goals.

"We have been very good with corner kicks and free-kicks this season, but not today.

"Before the game every player knows who to mark. It is my job now to look and see what happened. It is my dressing room. I need to look at it.

"After the first goal we tried to make sure it didn't happen again, but we made another mistake.

"I asked Petr Cech what happened because one player was free in the middle of the area in the last minute. It is incredible.

"The championship is not finished today. It will be finished in the last two or three games. It is normal in England, the Premier League is difficult."

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:30 pm