Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melo: No Regrets Over Arsenal And Barcelona Snubs

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Melo: No Regrets Over Arsenal And Barcelona Snubs Empty Melo: No Regrets Over Arsenal And Barcelona Snubs

Post by FooSe Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:14 pm

The Brazilian believes choosing Fiorentina over Arsenal and Barcelona was the right choice...

Fiorentina midfielder Felipe Melo admits he has no regrets about joining the Italians when he could have chosen Arsenal or Barcelona instead.

The Brazilian arrived from Spanish side Almeria last summer as the Viola beat off competition from the Blaugrana as well as Arsene Wenger.

Melo has been working hard to become a first choice this term and he has impressed when given pitch-time. A number of reports have linked him with a January exit even though the player is adamant on making his name in Florence.

"I know lots of clubs are interested in me, Arsenal is one of them, but my agent deals with all of this," Melo told Il Corriere Fiorentino.

"I work hard and I will do my best for Fiorentina. I have no regrets about choosing La Viola because, at Barcelona, I would not have had the guarantee of always playing.

"I always want to play and I feel fine here. The fans have made up a song for me and they always call me superfantastic!"

Melo has given his take on Italian football and reveals it brings back the memories from when he used to play back home.

"Calcio reminds me of Brazilian football and the Franchi reminds me of the Maracana," concluded the midfielder.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:34 pm