Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal's 'Principles' Will Land Silverware - Robin Van Persie

egzonn
    egzonn
    Member 10 %
    Member 10 %

Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Arsenal's 'Principles' Will Land Silverware - Robin Van Persie Empty Arsenal's 'Principles' Will Land Silverware - Robin Van Persie

Post by egzonn Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:25 am

Arsenal's 'Principles' Will Land Silverware - Robin Van Persie 34023_news
    It's widely accepted that Arsenal will continue to rely on youth and attempt to pass the Premier League to death. Sometimes, this approach impacts on their points haul, as their title rivals appear more willing and able to 'win ugly'.

Still, the Gunners' Dutch hitman Robin van Persie is sure that the Arsene Wenger method will, once again, pay dividends and is expecting an open top bus parade come the business end of the season.

The 25-year-old, finally free from perpetual injury woes, has emerged as an unlikely leader for the North London side in recent games and is keen to stand by Arsenal's ethos.

He said: "Look, I feel the same as the fans; I want it as badly as them and it can be frustrating when it doesn't happen.

"I am a positive person, though, and I think the fans should be like that as well.

"We did not win everything [try anything(!)] in the past couple of years, but we are doing absolutely everything we can to change it."

He was similarly bullish when speaking to the club's official matchday programme, adding: "The main thing is to finally get silverware and there is a clear picture here of how to achieve that.

"The Arsenal way is in our system now, it grows into you and I don't think it's clever to change your philosophy.

"Things take time. You often see clubs sacking managers for fun, but we can get silverware by sticking to our long-term strategy."

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:07 pm