Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bundesliga Getting Better And Better - Hitzfeld

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Bundesliga Getting Better And Better - Hitzfeld Empty Bundesliga Getting Better And Better - Hitzfeld

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Former Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld is convinced that the Bundesliga is just going from strength to strength...

Hitzfeld, who left Bayern to take over the Swiss national team last summer, spoke in glowing terms of the Germany's elite league as well as his former team when talking to bundesliga.de.

"Overall the Bundesliga just keeps developing. The stadiums are full, the population's interest is high and the social value of football has increased. That's motivation for the teams to hit the headlines, of course," said Hitzfeld, who celebrated his 60th birthday on Monday.

When asked how he rates FC Bayern's first half of the season under his successor Jürgen Klinsmann, Hitzfeld responded: "It's not due to me to judge my successor, but Bayern had an impressive run of late and are back at their best. I expect them to win the Bundesliga again."

Hitzfeld was emphatic when asked whether he thinks that Bayern are capable of winning the treble.

"Of course, Bayern have always a chance to win the DFB Cup. And they have been unstoppable in the Champions League so far. Bayern surely have the potential to win the Champions League.

Finally, when predicting what 2009 holds in store Hitzfeld said: "I expect the Bundesliga to continue its boom. And for me as Switzerland coach it's a decisive year. I hope that we qualify for the 2010 World Cup, and I expect us to."

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:43 am