Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schweinsteiger Setting Sights On Top Honours

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Schweinsteiger Setting Sights On Top Honours Empty Schweinsteiger Setting Sights On Top Honours

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:53 am

Now that his future at the club is secured, Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger is setting his sights high as he looks to achieve even more success with the Bavarian giants.

Bastian Schweinsteiger finally put an end to all the transfer speculation surrounding him by signing a new contract at the Allianz Arena which will keep the German international at the club until June 2012.  

A number of top sides had been chasing him but he was happy to commit himself to the Bayern cause. 

“I’m delighted with what I consider a very good decision. I’m really looking forward to the next three years here in Munich. The new contract is a good result for both sides,” he has now told the club’s website.  

“Munich and the club are obviously very close to my heart. I’m very attached to the city and its people,” he added. 

“As a player, you’re thinking about a number of details: the club is financially healthy, everyone puts a lot of heart into the club, and we have real prospects for the future. I sense something coming together here. That’s indicated by the fact someone like Philipp Lahm chose to extend his stay,” Schweini added.  

Distractions

There was a period towards the end of last year when Schweinsteiger’s form dipped a little but this was attributed to the transfer speculation surrounding him.  

Club general manager, Uli Hoeness conceded: “I do believe the importance of the decision got to him a little. His football was very disjointed in the weeks running up to the winter break, but he should have a clear head now. We hope it’s a new impulse for him to play better football than he has done of late. He has room to improve.” 

That however is all in the past according to the player and he feels that the time has come for Bayern to step up and start winning major European honours once more.  

“It’s time we won a European trophy again. I personally want to win the Champions League, and that’s the club’s target too,” he revealed.  

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:26 pm