Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kalinic: Spain Or Italy Would Be Ideal

FooSe
    FooSe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Kalinic: Spain Or Italy Would Be Ideal Empty Kalinic: Spain Or Italy Would Be Ideal

Post by FooSe Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:03 am

With several clubs ready to make their move, Nikola Kalinic has declared that he fancies moving to Spain or Italy, but cannot decide between the two leagues.

Nikola Kalinic has admitted that his dream is to play for Inter or AC Milan, but concedes that he cannot choose between playing in Spain or Italy when he leaves Hajduk Split.

The 21-year-old Croatian international has been linked to Napoli, Palermo and Valencia. He is keen to move clubs and knows how much any would-be suitors will have to pay.

Once a club does make an official move, Kalinic will have to choose where he wants to play, although he is confident of succeeding in either la Primera División or Serie A.

"I know that Hajduk are asking from around €8 million to €10 million for me, so everything depends on the offers that will come," he told calciomercato.com. "The Spanish Liga or Serie A would be ideal.

"It is hard to choose which team though. They are all exciting and prestigious clubs. In Naples there is coach [Edoardo] Reja, who speaks Slovene, which would be an advantage from the language point of view.

"But Palermo is also a great club, not to mention Valencia: to play in the Liga would be fantastic. In short, you can say I would go anywhere. Once again, however, much will depend on president Peros’ requests.

"Last year, with Hajduk, I faced Sampdoria in the Uefa Cup and last summer Napoli in a friendly. I think I have shown I can stand up your defenders, In fact, I think I could score a 15-20 goals a season in Serie A."

While Europe's biggest clubs are yet to be convinced by his talent, Kalinic has set his sights on impressing one of Italy's biggest teams later in his career.

"One day I wish to wear the shirt of Inter or AC Milan. When they play in the Champions League, you realise that they believe they can beat anyone. It would really be the best," he added.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:44 pm